The 3’s and 4’s Program
Our 3s and 4s program is designed with science at the core of an integrated curriculum that encompasses language, literacy, and math. Everything we do is hands-on and inquiry-based. Throughout the year, we introduce new ways of exploring and representing the world, and new ways of working with each other.
Features of our program:
- A writing area with clipboards for dictating stories and ideas
- A science area that allows children to explore questions or theories about the natural and physical world
- Dramatic play, sometimes facilitated with props, teacher involvement, or familiar stories
- Community meetings, where big new ideas are explored together
- Jobs and responsibilities for each child to help take care of the classroom community
- Small groups where children can collaborate and work on developing new skills
- Larger projects that groups of children develop over time
Themes we will focus on throughout the year:
- All About Me
- The Fall Festival
- Backyard Ecology
- Migration, Adaptation and Hibernation
- The Weather Garden
- Sun Fun: Light and Color
- Zoom: A Study On Engineering
- Root For The Shoot (Botany)
- Bio-Diversity In Brooklyn
- The Magic Of Science
Have a question on enrolling your child?
Call us at - 347-844-9699
© 2019 brooklynpreschoolofscience.com. All rights reserved.